Friday, May 18, 2012

Mosaic Update Week of May 20

As some will appreciate, it will be a rather short update this week. I have been busy in a number of things this week, from having dinner with one of our churches families this week, I explored potential new ministries for the future with others, prepared the sermon for the week continuing the series on Hosea, plus making plans and contacts for the Bikers Rally for The Homeless to Benefit Mosaic in July. I am also contemplating my vacation in July and trying to make that a working vacation on my way to and from Tennessee/North Carolina/South Carolina with my family. Whew! Did I also mention I am contemplating leaving a day early and taking that vacation trip on my motorcycle while my family drives cars?

You know sometimes life can get busy, it can be difficult. There have been moments this week it has been that way for me. From dealing with conflict I didn’t want as some question Mosaic’s emphasis on the poor and then having a friend get upset at me, for who knows what. Funny how that type of thing happens isn’t it? One moment life is fine, you are singing the praises of a friend, and then, without notice, they get upset at you. I have to admit, I am still trying to figure this thing called life out. The other truth is, it isn’t always easy just because I follow Jesus. Neither will it be for you. I challenge, church is the place where we can be there for each other, to help each other out, pray for each other, and sometimes, just have someone there who understands. Many call church extended family, others like me, have learned, it is more than ‘extended’ family, it is in reality, ‘FAMILY!’ There are those in our community that need Mosaic, and as surely as we go through tough times, we will discover times where others are there for us, God has a way, of putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time. It is not that God don’t care, sometimes, we are not in the right place where God is working. I have recognized issues with many churches in the past, that is natural, but as messed up as the church is, she is still the bride of Christ and He loves her. It is still the place where we can experience the love of God. We can be at that place where we can interact with FAMILY, and share in the worship experience, learning together, about this thing called Christianity or walking with God.

Mosaic isn’t a perfect church, but I am honored to serve at what I consider a good church. I am honored to have those in our small body I call brothers and sisters. I am convinced we are doing a good thing for the Kingdom of God. I hope to share that experience with others including those who don’t have a church. We want you, truth is, and we need you. If not in a church, give us a try, if God is leading you to our church from another church; speak to us and your current pastor about if God would have you at Mosaic. Otherwise, we appreciate your prayers, and we would love to pray for you and your church.

Now in closing, understand if you want to be on the churches email list, simply email us at mikefurches@yahoo.com and I will place you on the Mosaic mailing list.

Appreciate your prayers and hope to see you soon.

Blessings,

Mike

Please pray for our future, our needs, and those we are called to serve.


If you haven't please visit our web site where you can also contribute to the ministry at www.mosaicwichita.com you can also email me at mikefurches@yahoo.com


Lastly, we now have a way folks can contribute to Mosaic online. If interested in sharing with Mosaic online you can visit the following link and do so. Just designate what your gift is for when you donate, you can designate gifts for ‘general funds,’ ‘capitol campaign,’ or ‘homeless program.’






If the button doesn’t appear, you can give at the following link - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=G6KQJMMUS72CA


All contributions to Mosaic are tax-deductible. If mailing contributions to Mosaic, you can send them to the following address:


Mosaic Wichita
216 S. Market St.
Wichita, KS 67202


Blessings to you and have a great week.


Mike


Mosaic Church Web Site


The Keystone Kid


Facebook


The Virtual Pew


Movie Reviews


Twitter


Mosaic Wichita Facebook Page


Personal Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment